Tomato plant volunteers (Garden update)
Let it be known that I am not going to be suffering from a lack of tomatoes this harvest season.
![]() |
| Center box is all tomatoes. |
![]() |
| The pit has been taken over by three tomato plants. |
This spring, due to having to buy a new car for Khari, our garden was put on "no budget."
As in everything that is growing this year is from Gifts, or Wildcrafted Seeds, or the mere three seed packets that Khari brought in Nebraska. I am not sure what basket to put my tomatoes in: Gift or Wildcraft. Thanks to what type of tomatoes that came up, I know exactly where some of them came from.
If the plants were all cherry tomatoes, then I would say that all my volunteer tomato plants that started to grow in our compost pit which we transplanted were the product of our own household.
![]() |
| What? Ordinary garden tomatoes?!? |
But thanks to the presence of ordinary garden tomatoes and the plum variety, plus the timing of when the plants sprouted, I know that these plants came from the "health department would frown on those" tomatoes that we were given at the first open event this year by our "arrived at the last second" guest.
The same person that last year, I was looking up Talmud reasons not to accept food from her. She feels obligated to give us help, failing to realize that none of the food that she gets from the food bank we can use. She really does not understand my wife's gluten free, soy free diet requirements.
And to be clear, me and Khari are so much better off than this woman.
But yeah, it seems that I am accepting help from this crazy woman (personal space issues, heaven forbid she learn my erotica best seller, etc.), after all. The tomatoes that she gave us, at the first event, had spots of mold, so I dumped them in the compost pit. They got turned in. Shortly, thereafter we had tomatoes and catnip (the other plant debris that I had dumped in). We transplanted the tomatoes into the vacant middle garden box.
Having not a clue what variety we were transplanting.
Khari thought that it was from earlier. I suspected (ok, dreaded) it was from Does Not Respect Personal Space. I guess that the goddess really wants me to accept aid from this woman.
Sigh.





Comments
Post a Comment