Celebrate your good fortune with a drumming (19 September 2026) My scan was clean
We are going to have a drumming and potluck on September 19, 2026 to celebrate my clean colon screening, and Khari's continued good fortune at her job teaching.
![]() |
| No cats or spells will be harmed at this event. |
For those who have not memorized my announcement, here goes . . .
The address is 2727 N. Cook St., Denver, Colorado 80205. We are just north of the Denver zoo and city golf course, on 27th and Cook. It's an alley house, so it's all front yard; no back yard, but we do have a patio back behind the art studio that we are using for hanging out. Combination of an art gallery and an occult shop that I spent a lot of time class time in, the vibe was something I wanted in my own place.
Close friends and work volunteers will show up at 4 pm, others will start to drift in at 5 pm. The potluck begins at 6 pm, and school teacher Khari likes the main event to begin on her planned on schedule 7pm. Please note that it's a drumming, so people can drift in as late as 9 pm.
The gate closes at 9 pm. This is a hard close unless you know the secret Golden Dawn handshake. Do not be the person that we created this Hard Close rule for. Just because Morgan can (and is willing to) stay up and talk in the studio until the wee hours of the morning, it does not mean that Khari can.
Besides Khari's diet problem with wheat, gluten, soy, and high sugar (she's a joy to cook for); Khari also has a sleeping disorder. She has to take sleeping pills, and go to bed by a certain time; or there will be a couple of "feel bad" health days for her. Just like me, there is a reason that she's medical THC.
If it sounds like we had an incident at an event this year, well, we did. She walked in at 10 pm. Yes, the time that I want to be turning off the lights and locking the last of the doors--because as the manager and kitchen staff, my job is done, and I can go home. Not what I wanted to see.
Well, we might never see this person ever again. School teacher Khari sent her a message, telling her about her sleep disorder, and how she needs attendees to honor her announced schedule. Khari has received no reply. Me? I don't care . . . personal space issues . . . GD membership veto alarm . . . wait, I do care--I wanted to tell her off last year over chicken that I am sure that the health department would have shut me down off (it was definitely no longer kosher).
Sadly, I think that the tomato plants in the garden might be from a gift of tomatoes that we received from her, that I refused to use in my kitchen earlier this season. Yes, when she showed up at ten. That's a post for a future day.

Comments
Post a Comment